Friday, November 30, 2007

What's Better?

Gramercy Tavern
www.gramercytavern.com

Daniel Boulud
www.danielnyc.com

By now, you've probably noticed the running motif with the Gramercy Tavern, the great meal I had there, my opportunity to work there, etc. I don't forsee this motif losing steam any time soon. Through doing more research, I've found that working for the Gramercy folks would not only put me deep within the boundaries of a ring of fantastic restaurants in New York, but it would also give way to a long string of connections to restaurants such as Blue Hill which, through even further research, I've discovered are right in line with my current mentality towards food. All in all, it's a pretty fantastic opportunity. However, thanks to the generosity of Terri Wallman, my ace in the hole Director of Career Services here at the school, the chance to possibly work at one of Daniel Boulud's spots has become available as well. Therein lay the problem or, rather, the dilemma.

Is putting time in with a wildly successful French chef worth more than going to a restaurant I already feel connected to, or can I get an equally valid and worthwhile education in a setting that's far more appealing to me?

My experience says, go with your gut. Gramercy feels better so go with it.

What's better? Comments welcomed and encouraged.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sin saber mucho de cocina, pero mirando los menús, prefiero ir a comer a Gramercy Tabern de todas maneras!
Espero que estés bien, me entretiene mucho tu blog, está buenísimo!!!!
Ema.